Friday, April 9, 2010

Ch-Ch-Changes...

And so a new chapter begins in the lives of the Kent family.
Audrey's cast is completely off. She still has a bit of a wobble in her walk, can't run too well, yet, but she is doing great! Nikki has become excited to be a big sister, but she's still a little girl as she likes to tell me. They are both growing too fast.
I had an ultrasound March 22nd, and found out this week that my due date has been moved back! ARGH! Not what a pregnant woman wants to hear. Our sweet baby girl is developing "normal" as far as they can tell, she's just small. So instead of being due August 11th, I am now due August 20th. It's really not that big of a deal except that Nikki's birthday is August 23rd! That's a little close together for me. Oh well- as a good friend said- it's all in how you sell it to them. It's inspired Rob to write a children's story about it. I can't wait to see it. =0)
The biggest change- we are store owners!! We have acquired a mailbox store in Laguna Hills. In the little over a month that we have taken over progress has been made. Our biggest day yet was yesterday! We are soooo excited about this one! With this big change came a monumental change for Rob... today he officially resigned from UPS. A 9 year era is at an end. He couldn't sleep at all last night (making it impossible for me too) due to his anxiety and excitement. People think we may be rushing it, but we have looked at the numbers and we know we can make it!
So- now I work at home. We have an employee, John, who is a veteran in the business and making sure we don't blow it. =0) I check in every-so-often, handle finances, see some of my customers, and check merchandise. Rob and John now run the show. It's exciting. And my girls are getting some regularity back in their lives! YEAH!
I hope all finds you well this beautiful April!
Happy Spring!

1 comment:

  1. Great News, I am excited for your new employment of being business owners.It will be funny if Nikki and Ella Noel have the same bday then it makes life easier for mama. Having one day to celebrate than two. Just think of it as twiners.

    ReplyDelete