Friday, July 9, 2010

Desperate Times...Desperate Measures...

Here it is July and I haven't been doing well at keeping up to date in this blog.
Life is good- my family is healthy, we currently have a roof over our heads, and business is holding steady. All of these things should make me one happy mama. It would if stress wasn't mingled in there. Stress- it definitely wreaks havoc upon a soul. Now more than ever I can appreciate the words- "if ye are prepared, ye shall not fear." In all the many variations of scenarios that play in our lives- as long as you do your best to be prepared for each of them- you'll have that security/peace of mind.
I have definitely NOT heeded that advice- and man do I regret it. I could really use the peace of mind right now. There is enough stress with a brand new baby coming into our family that I could use a break from the rest of the stress weighing on me. However- because of my own short-sightedness (word?) I am not able to bask in the glory of just baby stress. Oh yes- there is the other saying... "this too shall pass." But it's all the happenings until "this" passes that cause concern. (Not very hopeful today.)
To try to counter act some of the stress I am trying to sell Avon. Perhaps not the best choice when you are shy or a bit of an introvert. I suppose it's time for me to overcome that obstacle. I am also trying to become a "vendor" for charter schools- teaching piano. We'll see what ends up happening with that.
May we each survive our different struggles until "this too shall pass."

1 comment:

  1. I like the saying, "When things get too rough get on your knees and pray." Sorry your going through lots of stress. My Mom thought she couldn't handle anymore and then blessing came. "Harsh winds makes strong captains"

    ReplyDelete