Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Motherhood

It is Wednesday and my week is going well. Punx. Phil determined 6 more weeks of winter... I think I can manage. =0) Audrey's Dr. appt went well on Monday. The Dr. said next week should be the last appt that we need to travel to San Diego, the rest can be in San Marcos. Why do we have to drive 45 minutes to San Diego every week? Because if they need to do surgery, she's already at the hospital, no extra transportation required. Translation: It's more convenient for the Dr.s if she's already at the hospital. Nevermind the fact that our drive would only be 15 minutes instead of 45 for a visit that only takes 5-10 minutes once the Dr actually enters the room. Next week I get to take the girls on my own. These past visits I had Rob come along so that way if they had to reset her leg, he could be with her. I can't be in the x-ray lab. This next week the Dr said that the bones are entering the "sticky" phase. They'll have a good idea of how things will heal by Mon. This is craziness.
Rob and I were talking last night how horrible a parent feels when their child gets hurt. Basically how you feel that you failed in your job to protect them. You go through all the what-if scenarios beating yourself up because of something that happened that was really out of your control. One of the joys of parenthood.
The other night we watched the movie, Motherhood, with Uma Thurman. It's pretty realistic, and I'm sure many can sympathize if you've lived in NYC. It's a good movie, portraying the reality of being a stay-home mom, I just wasn't in the mood for reality. That said, it has made me think... what does motherhood mean to me? How do I look at motherhood?
Speaking of which- one of mine just woke up... have to finish this later. =0)

No comments:

Post a Comment